That's what I should be after reading 150 pages of Harry Potter aloud today. This is one of those rare days when I never left Woodlake. Didn't really interact with any other people, which is always questionable, but much like our existence when we first moved here. I played tennis...with myself this morning. Kate had an errand to run for the junior tournament that was going on this morning, so since I already had child care, I went ahead and spent some quality time with my favorite green-clad player, the ball machine. I did two rounds of forehand balls, working on topspin, backspin, and just getting it over the net, and then I served the entire basket of balls. I'm rather sore now! There wasn't quite enough time to accomplish much of anything, since so much time gets taken up wheeling the machine and the basket of balls from the shed to the far hard court, then threading the plug through the fence, then loading in all the balls, and finally picking them up when they've all come shooting out at you. But it was a great use of my time and gave me the sheer number of balls I've needed to it lately.
The kids were at Water Works, which is a program at our swim club where they are supervised by teenagers and don't have to go to the nursery while I do something. I let the older three dive for about 30 minutes before we had to pick up Rutledge. Most of the rest of the day was spent reading aloud. Lovely. Really.
Tomorrow morning, Ollie starts his tennis lessons. I realized I haven't seen or even talked to Rebecca in practically two weeks, which feels just plain wrong to me. So my goal for tomorrow is to go bother her no matter what she says or where she is. How's that for friendly?!
Summer is always an interesting time. Walter's friend Jared has left for the summer, and we don't know when or if he is coming back. We don't have any vacation plans. We don't have plans of any kind to really speak of except for the week of day camp in August for Walter. I'm regretting not forcing them all to do swim team this year, so that's one of my goals for next year. I didn't want to be tied down (or pay another $200), but I'm thinking now, tied down to what??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment