It feels like we live at Busch Gardens sometimes. I think this was our 8th or 9th visit this summer. And at least our second this week. Frances was decidedly wimpy today, even with the peer pressure of friends there. She rode nothing. I was too busy with Rutledge to give her no choice and deal with the fallout of that. So she rode her little kiddie rides and that was that. One day she will come into her own, I hope. But today was not one of her more mature days. She began with wetting her bed, proceeded with whining and crying throughout, and primarily rode rides designed for Rutledge. And we missed both tennis and gymnastics today, which is something that I will not be doing again any time soon (though with as sticky, nasty hot as it was today, I'm glad that I wasn't putting her in Richmond Olympiad for two hours). Overall, though, we had a very fun day without too much incident beyond not finding my car in the parking lot at the end of our visit.
My goal for tomorrow is to stay home. The pace of our schedule and my inability to say no to anything does not bode well for the school year. I'm not very good at marshaling the troops to get us out the door in the morning with all equipment, clothing, and food for an all-day marathon of disparate events. For days now, even a few weeks, it feels like I set out at 9 a.m. or before and don't return home until nearly 9 p.m., with half a dozen stops along the way. Exhausting. So even though we have opportunities tomorrow, we're going to hang out here.
I picked up a few new books at the library tonight, so I am off to do a bit of reading before my eyes roll back in my head.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No wonder you don't feel like you have time to be online--my poor kids hardly ever get to leave the house! I literally did not leave my house for 5 days this past week. I was going stir-crazy! But I'm not great at organizing activities and they wipe me out, and just seem too hard with the baby. DH did take the older kids swimming twice while I stayed home. Finally we all went out for dinner last night, though it was kind of a disaster.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, your life lately sounds much better! You're giving your kids great memories. I wish we had a theme park around here. I miss the days when I had lived near Six Flags and had season passes every year! We hope to take our kids there at least once this summer because they earned free tickets for reading at school, but it seems like such an ordeal with all these kids, I don't know how people manage it! Even taking them to the pool or a park seems like a major, complicated operation to me.