Tonight was our annual August planning meeting for our homeschool group, and wow was it well attended! 18 people (we currently have 27 on our rosters and 5 of those are either no longer homeschooling or live hundreds of miles away, so this is an excellent showing), including four potential members. We have a pretty full roster of activities. Not necessarily the weekly type, the type, but a variety of things going on that will fill in our year with possibilities we can take or leave as we figure out what we need for ourselves. That's the ticket for me these days...opportunities will come by again and again, so there's no compulsion to do everything all at once. Yorktown will still be there. Ice skating will still be there. There will be another play next season.
I'm on a roll with tennis these days. This morning I was fairly on--not stellar, and definitely still self-conscious when I'm consciously working on too many things in my head and not just letting go, but I am so eager for tomorrow morning. I'm playing with some friends, and I expect it will be a good time. Then Friday is our twice-weekly round robin. And Saturday is the big match with ACAC, the one where we defend our #1 position in the combo league. I'm feeling more confident as this league goes on, I'm feeling like I'm wrapping up points and games a little better than I had been. I love this game!
Today I played tennis in the morning while Frances and Rutledge were in the nursery and Walter and Ollie did their best to stay busy next to the courts. Then we turned in our Notice of Intent to homeschool at the county public schools office, since today is the deadline for filing the paperwork and stay legally compliant. Then it was off to a pool day at a friend's pool with our homeschool group. We got home with some time to do a little bit of schoolwork, and then the kids went to the pool while I went to the meeting. Tomorrow is free ice skating day at two local rinks, so I think we might head over for the afternoon. And summer rushes right on.
I'm still struggling with how we are not exactly doing the things that were on my mental list of activities this year--a music lesson, an athletic/physical activity, an art class, and a foreign language. We're doing okay on the physical activities, at least Ollie and Frances are. Walter and Frances are doing art. No one is doing a foreign language at this point. And we're not doing so well either with the music thing. I'm still tossing around the idea of trumpet lessons, private trumpet lessons, or asking if we can move the time of the trumpet class. Need to discuss it with Kerry.
I'm tired. I'm trying to read a book by Chris Bohjalian. Trying to get things ready so that we will have a smooth morning tomorrow. Wondering whether this is just what life is like and whether I'm just being whiny.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment