Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I have become the world's most pathetic blogger. It's pitiful, really. I don't even know what I'm doing. I think I'm just losing interest in the things we are doing because there are so, so many of them, and I don't have time to enjoy any of them because I'm juggling so many balls in the air at once. Almost every single night of the week I am finding that we have to choose among many things and let some go as we prioritize because people can only be in one place at one time (or two parents can only be in two places at one time...). Some evenings, especially Wednesdays, can have up to five things at once. It looks like tomorrow, the Wednesday about to happen, won't be so full, but that's an anomaly....

Frances is playing soccer (I know, picture!). Ollie is playing baseball. Frances has ballet three nights a week. The boys have Cub Scouts. Ollie is doing tennis lessons. All three have music lessons. We have this play practice. I'm helping with a conference. I'm playing in tennis tournaments and two leagues, I have LLL meetings this week. Soccer has no practice tomorrow, Cub Scouts is on two off weeks, and some of the kids seem to have strep, so we may not be going much of anywhere tomorrow. What's interesting is that though Walter tested positive for strep, he showed no symptoms of anything other than a mild cold. Some coughing, a bit of a runny nose, and that's it. In fact, he was at the dr's office for a totally unrelated old piece of news (he's skinny, really old news), and by chance she picked up on a spot that looked like a bruise on the roof of his mouth. Ugh. Rutledge has an ear infection, which I normally take a more naturopathic attitude toward, but since he has speech issues, I'm finding myself choosing the path of least resistance (and hopefully fastest clearing). Again, I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't taken him in for his excessive coughing, which has been keeping us awake at night for six days now.

We will get through this with relative grace and lack of disruption. I think there's always this glitch week in the fall that challenges us just when we think we're heading into the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Click to view my Personality Profile page