Anyone who has seen me in the past three weeks has the same question. "What were you painting?"
I can't seem to paint the walls without painting myself, too. But the answer to the question is, "I'm painting my family room." And I'm painting it turquoise. The tank is dirty in the front (overflows of salt water leave behind a lot of salt!), but you're really supposed to be looking at the amazing color behind it.
I also painted my stairwell, upstairs hallway, and the area below the chair rail and breakfast counter in my kitchen, as well as the super-high wall where I can't reach the top angle.
Nobody in my house sleeps alone. And who can resist a guy in candy striped jammies?
I hope that my prominent memory of these years will be how there were always lots of extra people in my bed. This is what every morning is like--everyone makes their way to my room and we all watch Spongebob or Toot and Puddle together. Now it's still kind of true that some of these cuddlers in my bed are still doing things like lying there, lazily peeing in a pull-up instead of hauling their little butts out of bed and going to the bathroom. But this is still may favorite moment of each day, and we are fortunate to have the luxury of time to wake up slowly before heading out into the busyness of the rest of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment