Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Even though we have season passes and set what must be a record for number of visits to Busch Gardens last year, this year we've been sadly lagging. So this morning I packed up some willing and some unwilling children and we spent several hours there. The gas prices have been a sure downer, but swim team, the heat, and my tennis schedule have also put a damper on the theme park madness.

I think that Ollie is just bummed that he's not tall enough yet to go on the rides he really wants to experience. Walter, I suspect, feels so hopeless about his short stature that it isn't even worth his while to be bummed. My heart goes out to them.

Tomorrow morning I'm playing doubles with a pretty large group of friends. I'm also on the roster at #2 for our Combo League Saturday morning. CB and I are playing together, and I hope that it goes better than last time. This week's match is important because, well, it's an important match anyway, but also because we are defending our #1 position after a loss last week.

My goals for this weekend:

1. clean up the 'schoolroom'

2. put some kind of closet organizer in Fran's closet

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Click to view my Personality Profile page