I always seem to have the same number of posts every time I manage to make one. So here's to #66...again.
What's been going on?
* Just moved Frances to a new gymnastics program. It's a big transition for everyone, but ultimately is much closer to home (10 minutes or so), has better timing logistics (we eat dinner together!), and most of the kids there live right near us.
* Working on getting speech evaluations set up for Frances and Rutledge. Frances simply sounds like she's from Boston. Rutledge sounds unclear. An SLP said that the biggies at his age are the "G" and "K" sounds, neither of which he can do.
* The twins turned 10 last week. Unbelievable. We had a pool party with about 20 kids and then a sleepover for 7.
* The boys went to Lynchburg for the weekend. They went to a skateboard park, saw the new Batman movie, harvested potatoes, and went biking.
* Frances and Rutledge went to Inflation Nation, which is located in the previous location of Frances' new gym. They had so much fun, and wimpy Rutledge made so much progress during the four hours we were there--from not getting anywhere near any of the inflatables to playing on almost all of them (in his own way, at his own pace...).
* We've had a lot of sleepovers. I feel like I don't see my children any more.
* All all of my children have many friends now right in our neighborhood. It's both comforting and energy draining. I'm used to keeping to ourselves, having lots of time for our own things. Now we have convenience and fun right at our door, but it's morning until night. I'm going to need to figure out some parameters, but I feel like as soon as I get this figured out, school will be back in, and none of it will matter. So I think we're just going to continue our Ultimate Party Summer.
* I'm just about ready for school stuff to start up again. We just got a Lego Mindstorms Robotics kit, which is really exciting. Unfortunately, we haven't had any time because of the weekend trip and then the lengthy playdates and sleepovers. I'm still planning to do a smaller Lego Education program with them before getting too deep into the NXT stuff.
* We now have every video gaming system out there. Thanks to the birthday and a husband who is a teenager in sheep's clothing, we now have a PS3, an XBox360, Wii, Nintendo DS, and Gameboy. Not to mention the compatibility of these systems with PS2, regular Xbox, Gamecube, etc. This has also meant that we now have Halo 3 in our life :(
No comments:
Post a Comment