I'm always thinking I need some new screen name or email handle--something descriptive and fascinating like these names that come across on freecycle: seaside _wench; evil_white_woman; ladyoftheelves.
My misbehavior for the day: I test drove the XC-90. For a long time. I felt powerful. But I'll share a secret: it's not going to work for my family. Shhh.... Now if I had a Suburban sitting in the driveway at home as backup, I would be all over it. If we could afford two shiny new vehicles right now, I'd be more than happy to let Kerry drive this (I'm pressuring him to lease the fuel-efficient and very affordable S40). The truth is, the XC-90 is really tight. Dirty shoes and smelly feet would be all over those whitish leather seats every time they climbed into the back. We'd never fold down those middle row seats, and it's not very much help even when you do. No adult could ever sit in the back. And the whole cabin is tight. I won't even talk about the lack of cargo space. It was quaint back there. Very quaint. Just perfect for a person who brought back one little Ellwood Thompson's bag of groceries at a time. Of course, there's also that minor detail of the price tag. In short, the whole thing is just not going to happen. So we were going to look at the Odyssey, which has a much higher chance of happening (Kerry has writing his cover letter for asking for Tim's job on his docket tonight; we are assuming he will not be unemployed in a month).
I have a date tonight ;o. Well, not really. But that's the joke. *Everyone* wants to come with me, and I have said no repeatedly. Kerry is annoyed at being left with children on his own again (apparently he's not over me 'abandoning' him this morning so I could go out with Gail and Cindy). Ollie is dying to knit. Yeah, right. It is a reminder that Kerry and I should go out by ourselves sometime soon. There's always next weekend. The plan for tonight is dinner and comparative knitting technique. Rebecca has just learned, and I'm a bad enough knitter that I'm constantly peering over someone's shoulder or asking complete strangers questions about whether I'm purling inside out or backwards (the best way to get knitting advice is to carry needles and yarn wherever you go and wait for someone to start chatting you up). And shhh...I am going to pick up at least some cheap yarn tonight so I will hopefully gain some new momentum.
[not done]
There's nothing new to add. I was out way too long tonight. Pissed Kerry right off. It's probably been a month or so since I've been so angry that the resentment felt like it was going to explode out of my pores, but I'm over it now, disappointed in myself for responding in any way at all (Russell..Russell...my new mantra), but there it was. Got it all out of my system early, then had too much fun. I seriously hope no one I have ever known was within earshot at either dinner or at B&N (and poor man in Michael's who overheard something I said way too loudly!). It was a reminder that I don't go out for no reason at all with friends nearly enough. And I, if I might brag, was not too drunk to knit (wasn't there a "You Might Be a Redneck" joke that went, "If you've ever been too drunk to fish..."?). So I finished my project, whatever it was. And now my needles are free for the next big thing.
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment