Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm so close to my 100th post on this blog. I still feel nearly physical pain when I think about how much I lost when I lost my hard drive last Christmas after my .mac subscription expired. Boo hoo. So 100 posts represents an acceptance of the new beginning and hopefully not crying too much over past spilt milk.

Alia iacta est. We have the new car. Black. Beautiful. I'm envious. Our two payments scare me to death.

I have a decision to make about Latin. The boys have a test tomorrow and they are absolutely not prepared. This class is not going well for them and is not a good fit. They are not learning at the rate they're being expected to, and I'm okay with that. They have horrific study habits and are still confused about what all of the endings mean. They don't do a very good job of writing down what their homework is, and I can't help them if I don't know what it is. All of this makes the negative cycle continue: they don't write down what they're supposed to do because they don't really understand what is going on. Then they don't do it. Then they do poorly in class because they aren't prepared. Then they have a bad attitude. Then they don't get their homework assignment written down or can't read their writing. And on and on it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Click to view my Personality Profile page