I honestly think I may have the beginning of Alzheimer's. Today I was supposed to meet a friend at the park, and I went to the wrong place--Ashland instead of Crump. My ability to process information, especially printed information, is just extremely low. Tallying up how many things I've mixed up in the past three days is staggering. I went to a play on the wrong day (that's why no one was there). I went to the wrong park. I forgot the food for the Thanksgiving basket. I took Frances to Open Gym at the wrong time (in my favor, the website said it started at 6:30, which isn't what I remembered from the sign at the gym, but I let the internet take precedence). I'm really scaring myself.
I finished painting our end table black tonight, and we read a book called _The White Elephant_, which is by Sid Fleischman, the author of _The Whipping Boy_. I'm also reading two other books simultaneously with the boys--_Lily's Crossing_ and _The Cabin Faced West_. The kids all watched Wall-E while I steamed our stairs, gathering several cups of watery goo the color of black coffee out of the carpet. I'll be so glad when we one day get rid of that carpet, and I'm going to push for replacing it with hardwood until I have no more breath in my body.
Tomorrow is feeling like crunch time. Anything that is going to be done before Thanksgiving needs to be done tomorrow, and I'm glad that I have the afternoon hours while half of the gang is in pottery class to get some errands done--pick up a piece of leather or something to use as a patch on the sofa (and pick up a tapestry needle to sew it on with). Keep looking for a winter coat for Ollie and a fleece jacket for myself. Take back library books. Get last-minute baking supplies, especially butter, which we ran out of this morning. I'm so excited that Christmas is right around the corner!
What I'm tired of hearing about: Joy Behar's comments on homeschooling on The View. Come on! It's "The View," not people who matter who are talking about this!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment