I used to be addicted to painting. House painting. Room painting. I have overcome it, thankfully, but today I went on a cabinet painting blitz beginning at 4:20 and not stopping until just a few minutes ago (less than 1 hour break in there). Ollie helped me, and we sanded, primed, and gave two coats of paint to all of the kitchen cabinets. I am now struggling with how to best use the very dregs of a quart can (the gallon was $53!). I think it looks a lot better, but I'm ready for the whole project to be over. I need to get a second coat on three major large surfaces which all take a beating because of their location. And I need to reinstall the doors on the bottom cabinets. But hopefully tomorrow will not be all about the cabinets. Alas, it's going to be all about cleaning all day long. I wonder if Kerry's parents will decide to come over in the afternoon or if they'll stay at their hotel until dinnertime when we'll go to Ruby Tuesday and then will not come until Thursday. Not knowing their plans is really difficult--do we go about business as usual tomorrow, or do we prepare as if for battle?
My goal for this holiday weekend is to finish my 4th elf hat. Will it really happen? Stay tuned....
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment