

Point to ponder for today:
How do you pronounce the name of that most important city of the Aztecs? The other night, I was watching something on History International, and I heard a pronunciation that was just so terribly wrong that I started to seriously doubt my own pronunciation. It was so wrong that I can't remember exactly how wrong it was--wrong in a Mad Gab kind of way.
And then there's "chipotle." Almost everyone I hear pronounces it "chip-ohl-tay," and lacking confidence as I do, I was wondering, in words of Aztec descent, are certain consonant sounds transposed? So I've spent/wasted my Saturday night investigating these matters online. Something has to fill those dead hours.
The most exciting event of the day, without a doubt, was seeing High School Musical 3. What an inspiration! Makes me want to go back and redo high school again because I had no idea that it was supposed to be like *that*! ;) Really, it was a great deal of fun to experience the atmosphere of a theatre full of 7-10 year old girls and to fantasize about how high school might have been if Kempsville had been put on by Disney....
I am heading off to knit while watching the Big O's favorite movie: Child's Play. If you had asked me 8 years ago, or even one year ago whether I'd ever let a child of mine watch this movie, there would have been no question: No way. But here I am, watching the babysitter get hit with a hammer and fall out of a 6th floor window to her doom on the street. Ah, how parenting changes us.
No comments:
Post a Comment