Tonight we saw "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." I have a hard time suspending disbelief enough that I don't want to see someone dressed as a dog for Snoopy, but the kids had a great time, and there's always the real draw of live theater--intermission and a soft drink and candy! I'd like to get us over to see "South Pacific" and "Into the Woods" next weekend.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
A Plug for High School Theatre
I'll admit, I can belt it out when anything from High School Musical comes on the radio. And I have to put in a big plug for high school theater in general. It's the untapped resource in the community that isn't given its due! Recently when we've been to some of the professional theatre productions, particularly the "theatre for families," we've been sort of disappointed. And it gets kind of expensive, takes a trip downtown (gotta think about use of resources these days), and parking is an adventure much of the time. What I've discovered is that right down the street are high schools with amazing, incredible talent in them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment